Well first and foremost, Happy Birthday Mom!!! I love you so much and hope this fun present brings a smile to your face and probably (most likely) a tear or two ;)
Trying to decide what my my favorite memory of you is like trying to decide between liquorish and white donuts.....it's just all too good!!! For some strange reason one keeps popping into my head. This memory of you goes back to the darkest time of my life. The time that shall not be named..........8th grade. Oops, I just said it! I get shudders just typing it! Yes, 8th grade. I think it was the second or third day of school and I came home totally defeated and miserable. So what did you do? Did you tell me to buck up or that everything would be fine or to put on a happy face and move on? No. You let me cry and you were just simply there :) Once I got most of my tears out you said, "Do you know what you do when life is hard and you are sad? You go shopping!"
So shopping we went! It's funny looking back because all my cute new clothes didn't solve any of my problems or make them disappear, but spending time with you gave me the strength and confidence I needed to push through and stay strong. So really, all I needed was you! (even though the clothes did help A LOT;) To make an awkward freckly "rat Boo" feel beautiful and confident deserves all the mother of the lifetime awards that are out there :) I'll never forget all the many moments like those.
I love you mom!!! Happy Birthday~
WHITE DONUTS!!!!!! (How we ate bags of those and still stayed skinny, I have no idea) :D
ReplyDelete"rat Boo?" How is it we have more than one reference to rats in our first 10 posts? Lol!
ReplyDeleteGood question Morg! Pretty sure I'm sitting here eating them right now and reading all these posts......hehe! I'm so glad the "rat boo" stage doesn't come out to often anymore!!!
ReplyDelete