Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Infamous Charts

As I began dating Clayton and spending more and more time with the 'Family on Fisher', I came to love spending time talking with Nancy. I remember going over to their house and feeling completely comfortable passing hours on the couch with Nancy discussing everything from school to dreams, from work to band boys, and from levels of love to blackholes. One evening we were sitting on the green couch downstairs when Nancy walked in with blue construction paper and a marker. It was time for me to be introduced to the infamous charts. I was, of course, blown away.

How could Nancy come up with something that could so perfectly describe my feelings towards life as a 21-year old college student?

How did she know that all of my dating experiences fit so easily into the 3 categories she assigned them?


It seems that one of Nancy's many gifts is to have the ability to make people feel comfortable around her and instantly connected to her. As her daughter-in-law, I feel particularly blessed to have the opportunity to continue to learn from her and seek out her advice (though I haven't seen a chart on home-buying yet and would find one very helpful right now...). I'm so grateful that Nancy was able to reach out to me through charts as I dated Clayton, her insight in doing so continues to amaze me. Happy Birthday Nancy - here is to many more late night chats and blue construction paper charts!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! This is classic!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOO glad we have an official Nancy chart in the archive!

    ReplyDelete